Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hey, y'all!

I wanted to share a little holiday project I did for my mom. I found the idea for this project here, and had it bookmarked long before I became addicted to Pinterest! I have tons of old windows for projects, and I knew mom is always looking for something fun for her mantle at Christmas time.

My awesome hubs removed the glass for me, and then I cleaned up the frame with baking soda and water. A quick run with some sandpaper, wipe down with a cloth, and I was ready to go. I painted random dots all around the window in red acrylic, using a plain old q-tip!


I used silver wrapped floral wire for hangers, and simple white cup hooks from Lowe's to hang the ornaments. All of the painted ornaments incorporated red in some way. I found the idea for the painted ornaments on Pinterest, here.


These ornaments were made using Mod Podge and Epsom salts. I used one of those cheap, square-ish sponge brushes to dab on the Mod Podge, then just sprinkled on the salts.





My mom was thrilled when I surprised her with it! I haven't seen it in person on her mantle yet. I'll try to get a much better picture of it, in it's new home, on Christmas day.


(P.S. You can find me on Pinterest here...would love to follow you back!)

Linking up with Not Just a Housewife, Creations by Kara, Momnivore's Dilemma
and

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!