Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hey, y'all!

I found this Christmas-themed Q & A at It's A Crafty Life. I thought it seemed fun, so I decided to join in.

1. egg nog or hot chocolate? Neither...I don't even know what the heck egg nog REALLY is, and I'm not a hot chocolate fan. Actually, I'm not much of a hot beverage fan, period. Just give me a Pepsi, peeps, and no one gets hurt. *wink


2. does santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was a kiddo, Santa gifts weren't wrapped. My parents, however, were under explicit instruction to wrap their gifts to me...that was the best part, ripping up all that paper!

3. colored lights on tree/house or white? Depends. My living room tree has white because I do the ornaments in a particular color scheme. But I have another tree with colored lights that I use all my random ornaments on.

4. do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

5. when do you put your decorations up? Honestly, um...let's go with "whenever we get around to it", haha.

6. what is your favorite holiday dish? Hmm...we usually have a similar feast as we do on Thanksgiving and I can't really narrow it down! Turkey, mac & cheese, sweet potato casserole, green beans...

7. favorite holiday memory as a child? On Christmas eve, my MaMa would come spend the night with us since we were all the family she had. I cherish all those Christmas eves when we'd be sitting around my parent's den, fire going, watching tv and gazing at all the pretty packages under the tree. It won't be the same this year without her.

8. when and how did you learn the truth about santa? I was either 4 or 5--kindergarten for sure. I was a little detective. My mom had tried to keep it going by putting "Santa's footprints" IN the ashes in the fireplace. But, she used my dad's shoes and they were sitting near the hearth. I, um, matched up the treads. *bows head* Yeah, that's me. Oops. Mom made me promise not to tell the truth about Santa to my friends hahaha :)

9. do you open a gift on christmas eve? When I was a kid, my parents would have a little something for MaMa and for me to open. Mostly to appease me, I think, because the other 364 days of the year I was an extreme introvert. But you put some presents under a tree and I was bouncing off the walls. Now, we have Christmas eve with the hubs's fam so we do gifts there.

10. how do you decorate your christmas tree? At present, our "main" tree is fake (I'm allergic, and man...I think real ones stink!), white lights, and gold/bronze/red color scheme.

11. snow! love it or dread it? Here in SC, our "snow" is more what the rest of the world would consider a flurry. Nonetheless, it shuts everything down and I LOVE it. Every. Time.

12. can you ice skate? Depends on your definition of "can you"...HA. I can remain upright. That count?

13. do you remember your favorite gift? I know there have been many that were more monumental or meaningful...but the year I got my Power Wheels "four wheeler"--oh. my. word. I was, quite literally, hell on wheels. Had a lead foot ever since.

14. what's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Jesus. Family. Friends.

15. what is your favorite holiday dessert? I love all of the goodies my mom and I bake together, I could never pick just one!

16. what is your favorite holiday tradition? So much has changed in the last year between our families, that a lot of our past traditions aren't possible this year. So, I guess I'm looking forward to beginning new traditions with James and Colston.

17. what tops your tree? a red, feathered poinsettia type flower

18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving? BOTH! Loooove to open gifts--don't even care if it's big or small, I just love the fun of it all--but I really, really love giving to others!

19. candy canes: yuck or yum? Meh.

20. favorite christmas show? Ummm...hmm...I can tell you what it's NOT--Miracle on 34th St. nor It's a Wonderful Life. UGH. Shoot me. (yeah yeah, I know I'm the minority on that)

21. saddest christmas song? I'll Be Home for Christmas. Without a doubt. Jeez, so depressing, all I think of is what if I was alone at Christmas. Eesh.

22. what is your favorite christmas song? Carol of the Bells! Or Wizards in Winter...Or, Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You"!!! But of the others, the versions by Trans Siberian Orchestra. And don't tell me you don't love them; saw them live...WOW. Amazing.

I know a lot of you may have seen this before; I first discovered it when looking for 'Wizards in Winter' on YouTube after going to the TSO concert. If you haven't seen this, you're in for a treat! Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I think about that too.....what if I were alone for Christmas then heard I'll Be Home For Christmas? I'd feel so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in! Love reading how other people enjoy Christmas. I am almost with you on the cold drink thing...except it's Diet Coke for me. But with all the snow we get here, I've got to have something warm every once in a while. ;-) Sounds like you were one smart kindergartner! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun! I think I'll join in. Nice getting to know you a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!