Sunday, April 3, 2011

Going Out on a Limb

Y'all know I love me some Kimberly @ Bugaboo Mini Mr. & Me.

She pretty much

~rocks~

So when I saw that the prompt for this week's photo linky was "going out on a limb" I was sooo pumped...because I immediately knew of an old photo I wanted to share.

I was married on May 5, 2007 (stay tuned for a post about that!), and my bridal portraits were done in late March/early April...I live in South Carolina y'all. It is just as likely to be 80 degrees on any given day during those months as it is to be 40. Seriously.

My hubby's awesome Aunt Lib & her partner Joye own a seriously cool frame shop in Black Mtn., NC...and Joye happens to be one of the most talented photographers ever! You can check out Joye's blog here, and for more info and pictures, go here...

Anyway, Lib & Joye came down to do my photos, and we decided to go over to Furman since it's such a pretty spot--gorgeous lake, trees, bell tower...everyone around here does prom pictures there for the scenery...

It was super windy, rather chilly, and my toes lost all feeling about 30 minutes in...my mom and one of my BFF's dutifully helped me out the whole way--Lib too (that's her in black).

Joye took some gorgeous shots of me on this picnic table overlooking the lake, and as we were contemplating moving on to another location I looked up and said...

"you know...that tree really is not THAT high...if we moved the table over just a bit--" and like *that*, Joye was on it! Haha...sooo...thank God for Spanx under my dress because over my head it went, up the tree I went, and that's how I ended up on a limb ;)

I'm quite certain I've not had as much fun having my picture taken, ever. A guy driving by as we did this rolled down his window and yelled "don't do it!" and we all laughed...I still wonder if he meant get married, or if he thought I'd jump :) hehehe








6 comments:

  1. Awwwww what a beautiful bride you were in that photo! Love it! What sacrafices we make for a beautiful photo...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo!

    Thank you so much for your comment. It is a great feeling to know there are people who appreciate the military.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is stunning! I love that you climbed a tree in your wedding dress;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I think that's by far the best bridal story I've heard. I use to work with a wedding photographer and we use to get people that wanted to take pictures in random places but I'm pretty sure we never had a bride brave enough to climb a tree! Love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you were up the tree, it feels like a fairytale story. You very much looked like a princess :) Thanks for sharing your wedding story and beautiful pictures at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME! Totally something I would have done in my gown - had there been a tree near by. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!