Saturday, April 23, 2011

easy name wall art on canvas

Hey y'all!

So the hubs & I did a crazy overhaul in our kitchen...which, as I type this (and schedule it hehe), may or may not get it's reveal published before my son is born...

But this is one aspect of the make-over I really enjoyed doing and wanted to share with y'all.

I got the awesome canvases at Michael's for a couple bucks each. I used black craft paint I had on hand and a stencil set I found a Hobby Lobby to put one letter of our last name on each canvas...as you can see, we have a long name, 9 letters in all.

James and I had a lot of fun doing this, and it was super quick and easy to do, with little room for error. I had not done any stenciling on canvas before, and found that a 20-30 second blast of low heat from my hair dryer helped a lot--both with drying and preventing the paint from bleeding.

So here it is on our sweet new gray walls (I'm in love with the color, I cannot seem to get a pic that does it justice). The arrangement was initially vetoed by my hubby but then after seeing it like this, we both thought it looked pretty neat!

A bit closer...I really do love it! The detail on the canvas has a flocked, velvet feel so in person you can really see the texture. Not bad for under $20!


1 comment:

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!