Wednesday, April 20, 2011

easy-peasy baked peaches

Hey y'all!

I wanted to share this recipe with y'all...it is SO easy, and so yummy...but if you're looking for super healthy, avert your eyes and your tastebuds ;)

I got this recipe from a lady I used to work with...she made them alongside her Chicken Divan (which is totally fab, I'll share that with you sometime). I was hesitant about these peaches though, because I'm not usually a huge cinnamon fan...but trust me--yummmmmy!

Here's what you need:

1 can peach halves (don't drain!)
brown sugar
cinnamon
butter

Here's what you do:

~Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

~Place your peach halves in a small baking dish, face up. Put at least half of the syrup in the dish as well. I use a glass Pyrex.

~Sprinkle each peach with 1 tsp of brown sugar. Top each with a slice of butter, then sprinkle cinnamon (to your liking) over all.

~Bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes.

~Enjoy!!!

These are fabulous on their own, but it occurred to me the last time I made them they'd be fabulous with some ice cream as well! The beauty in this is that it's simple, the ingredients are things you probably have on hand, and it would be super easy and inexpensive to double or triple this for a crowd!


4 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome, I've got a bunch of peaches frozen though, do you think I could use those instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hungry now!!!! Those look really good! Can't wait to try this...although peach season is a ways away... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! I wonder if there are any canned peaches in the pantry hiding somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!