Sunday, July 24, 2011

art with kiddos, part 2

Hey, y'all!

Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed part 1 of "art with kiddos"--my adventures in art when I taught pre-school!

So in addition to displaying the art of the show's theme, art from throughout the school year is displayed all over the school. Huge posters are made highlighting the best pieces from each child in each grade, and are hung outdoors lining the sidewalks in front of the school.

Here's a look at the year's artwork from my kiddos on display:









Did any of you take a guess as to who our author was???


We chose to create art from "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie"...

{cookies: foam board, brown/white blended tempera paint, coffee bean "chocolate chips"}

{mice: tempera paint blended with sand for texture, buttons, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, denim cutout for overalls. Crayons and sketches that the mouse draws in the book!}

Here's "If You Give A Cat A Cupcake"...

{beach balls, cats, sand castles}

Here is "If You Give A Pig A Party"...

{pigs, ice cream cones from fun foam, actual party hats decorated by the kiddos}

And art from "If You Give A Moose A Muffin"...

{moose on canvas with kid's names written themselves; muffins and jam in the background}

{cupcakes on display with worksheets from Laura Numeroff's website}

The most awesome thing for the kiddos? We wrote a letter to Laura Numeroff herself, and received a reply! I found on her website where she mentioned she always replies to fan letters...so I though, why not? We told her about our art show, and each kiddo signed their name. I included a picture from our Christmas musical. She replied with a sweet letter and bookmarks for each of the kids!

{refreshments table, books on display, and a letter from Laura Numeroff!}

I'm so glad I had the opportunity to teach these awesome kids! I'm still in touch with almost all of them (thanks to Facebook). It's been awesome to see them grow; I'm sad that they're big enough now to go to "big school"!!! The kids taught me so much, showed so much love, and really encouraged me to get back into my realm of creating as well.





1 comment:

  1. I am really very glad after read here and I appreciate for the information that you presented here.
    Professional Resumes

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!