Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yummy Easy Hashbrown Casserole

I got this awesome easy recipe from my friend Keri...we had this awesome professor for Anatomy & Physiology who decided, hey, it's an early a.m. class...we'll have breakfast, everyone bring something! Keri brought this awesomeness, I *had* to have the recipe, and it's been a favorite ever since!


Here's what you'll need:

--1 bag frozen, shredded hashbrowns (approximately 2 lbs.)

--1 small onion
--12 oz. sour cream
--1 can cream of chicken soup
--1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar, and I never measure anymore, I just eyeball the amount)

Here's what you do:

--Preheat oven to 350.
--Finely chop your onion. Again, I eyeball the amount of onion I use, because often I buy a large onion to use for several meals.
--Mix it all together! Hashbrowns (still frozen), soup, onion, sour cream, and cheese. You will need a large mixing bowl for this; it's a little difficult to get mixed at first.
--Lightly spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray (I use 9x13) and pour in the mixture. Spread it evenly in the dish and smooth it out, then top with cheese if you'd like (We really, really love cheese here.)

(thanks to the hubby for generously volunteering in the kitchen so I could photograph! heehee)

Here we go! Everything mixed, topped in cheese, all ready to go into the oven! Bake in the oven at 350 for 30-45 minutes.

Baked, cheesy, hashbrown goodness!!! This is soooo good and so easy! It reheats well too, so make sure to refrigerate your leftovers for later!




Craft Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!