Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy 30th to Me! A Celebration of My First 29 Years

In celebration of turning the big 3-0, I'm taking a look at some fun things from my first 29 years.

I'm sure there's tons of stuff I'm forgetting, as well as people, but I wanted to walk y'all down memory lane.
(in no particular order)

~Learned to play alto sax
~Marched in color guard
~Got my driver's license first try!
~Went to the Marine Corps Ball, twice


~Went to prom
~Played powderpuff football...the week before I was in a pageant!
~Did a few beauty pageants
~Graduated college


~Was stung by a jellyfish as a child (not this one!)


~Spent a year teaching K3 & K3 summer camp (most favorite job ever!)
~Worked in banking for 5 years
~First job was making pizzas & fast food in the "Little Caesar's/K-Cafe"


~Developed a love for football
~Did some tailgating
~Went to lots of Clemson games (Go Tigers!)




~Went to a Clemson bowl game in Tampa


~Experienced the biggest snow in our area in decades


 ~Became engaged to my best friend


~Developed a love affair with reading
~Developed an even bigger love affair with shoes




~Got pregnant!


~Welcomed my sweet baby boy




~Made lifelong friendships with great girls (I love you, Cas & Jenn!)
~Was able to be a part of Casie's baby showers, wedding, spent prom together, did pageants and powderpuff


~Spent 2 weeks in Hawaii, beachin' it up, getting up close & personal with penguins, snorkeling and visiting Pearl Harbor


~Was privileged to get 28 wonderful years with my amazing grandmother, MaMa


~Grew up an only child & loved it, but...
~Got a "sister" the 'easy' way! (hi, Shannon!)



~I think I have the cutest brother-in-law ever. Really. See?


~Spent my 1st wedding anniversary in St. Augustine, and met a 'pirate'.


~Spent tons of fun times with some great girls 
{Y2K, anyone?}


~Bought our first home
~Planted a garden


~Had some seriously short hair


~Read the entire original set of Nancy Drew books during 1 summer in elementary school
~I voted!




~Honeymooned in St. Thomas & St. John


~Had a wreck (not my fault!)
 ~Had some seriously long hair


~Planned baby showers, bridal showers, played the role of bridesmaid
~Saw 3 of my closest girlfriends get married & 2 of them have beautiful babies


~Rode motorcycles
~Found an amazing friend named Lesly
~Blew out my knee
~Still haven't broken a bone or had a cavity
~Graduated high school


~Prayed a lot & weathered some storms
~Opened an Etsy shop & started this blog!
~Made it to the state level spelling bee in 6th grade
~Lots of wonderful memories with my awesome parents!
~Got lucky in the in-laws department :)
~Adopted quite a few animals (and lost one...RIP, Bunny Bunny)

To James & Colston, my parents, in-laws, Cas, Jenn, Les, Mi, and all my bloggy buds too--thanks for a great 29 years!
Thanks for reminiscing with me y'all! 

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I think 30 was unexpectedly fun to turn! Somehow grown up and free. No reason to explain yourself any more. You're 30. You know what you're doing. (Snort with laughter here...)

    And this was an adorably cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...your years leading up to 30 look like the most fun and most fulfilling years! What a blessed and fun life you've had so far!
    Blessings, blesings, blessings to you on your birthday and cheers to another 30 and then another 30+ after that! Muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recap! Although I seriously want to punch you in the face, Miss I've Never Had a Cavity. You suck.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben says "Wait, how wide are your hips in that picture?" (Y2K one). Thanks for sharing most of your 30 years with me. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I seriously love your blog! and this really is ccool to see how many things you've accomplished throughout your life! And guess what? I march color guard too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!