Thursday, September 1, 2011

an update & help wanted...


Hey, y'all!

So in my last post I mentioned how frustrating it's been adjusting to being a new mom and trying to get back in the swing of things.

I'm sad that I haven't been able to blog, create, and craft pretty much at all. A couple of you reached out to me with kind comments and I can't tell you how much that meant to me!

Baby C went to the doctor this week for his 4 month check-up. I had a convo with the pediatrician that went a little like this:

Dr.: So how is he sleeping? Does he sleep through the night?
Me: Oh yeah, he's sleeping through the night great! Down around 11 pm and then wakes between 6:30-7:30 to eat, and right back to sleep until 10 or 11 am.
Dr.: Great! What about his naps during the day? How much is he sleeping then?
Me: (exchanging hysterical glances with hubby) Uh, he doesn't.
(at this point the pediatrician looks as though she either heard me wrong, or worse, heard me correctly and is going to faint)
Dr.: He...he isn't napping? Like...at all?!
Me: About 3 times a day, he'll power nap for maybe 20-30 minutes but not at the same times and he's VERY grumpy.
Dr.: Well...YEAH. Wow. Um, he should be getting 2-3 naps a day, at around 1.5-2 hours EACH.
(the hubby and I mentally jump for joy)
Me: Okay...soooo...how do we make this happen?!

So we've been implementing some new techniques and I am beyond thrilled that baby boy is falling into a schedule of regular napping. We've still got a ways to go, but man oh man...is it so nice that he is not only happier, but I can say, cook dinner without him screaming. Wowza.


That being said, I really want to ease back in to creating, blogging, etc...but it's going to be a slow process! So that's why I am asking for help! This is an open invitation to guest post here on my little blog. I realize I'm just a small blog, and I can't really promise any grand rewards for offering to post. But I assure you that you will receive much gratitude from this super tired momma!

Now I know that I am asking for your help, and I shouldn't be picky...but I do have to ask a few things of you in order for me to consider your offers! They are as follows:

--Please email me if you are interested! If you'd like to leave a comment, by all means I appreciate it, but I would like your details emailed to me :) Easier to keep track of! My email is enabled but if you aren't sure where to find it: etsyshenanagains@gmail.com
--In your email, please make sure to include your name, your blog and/or shop, and what you'd like to post about.
--In regards to the posts I'd like to see? Pretty much anything family friendly goes! It can be tutorials for anything from food to hair & make-up to crafts. I only ask that when you contact me you have a topic in mind so that if I receive several offers, I can try to pick a variety of content to post for my readers!

I hope that a couple of you--or lots!--will be willing to help me out! I would be SO very happy and appreciative. Please know that I will also gladly plug your blog and/or shop, Facebook page, etc. in the post so everyone knows where to find you! I look forward to (hopefully) hearing from y'all!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad there's some improvement! Yay for sleeping babies!!!! And Mommies who can get stuff done!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for naps! I can't believe he wasn't napping for you. I'd go insane. I wish my 3 yr old still napped... :) So glad things are getting better. So, as for guest posts, I was wondering if I could post something that's already been on my blog, but so long ago people probably wouldn't remember?? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are finding a way to get him to nap. Hope he becomes a champion sleeper soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!