Monday, September 26, 2011

peacock inspired felt wreath


Hey, y'all!

Guess what?

My wreath obsession continues. I know, I know. You're astounded. So I was perusing the crack site--oh, I'm sorry--is it called "Pinterest"?! Oopsie. I was there, like always, and I ran across this lovely happy wreath. I was also loving all of the peacock-colored projects I've been seeing, so I sort of combined the two ideas and this is what I came up with.

I didn't flip the tips of my felt pieces out because, well, I just didn't. I sort of like that it looks all one piece from a distance, but then up close, you see the texture of each "leaf" or "feather".

When I began pinning the pieces on the wreath form, it looked like a hot mess, to be honest. I started out going top to bottom, then over (repeat, repeat). Then I pulled them out and realized it was easier (for me, anyway) to pin pieces starting in the center and going concentrically out until it didn't show the form any more. What do you think? Have you made a wreath this way, or like this?

Those of you not on Pinterest, I'll be glad to send you an invite if you need one :) And those of you who are, you can find me here--and please do! I need more people to stalk follow on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!