Sunday, March 13, 2011

DIY Letters for Nursery

I always knew if I ever had a baby, that I wanted to make a lot of things for his or her room...I just didn't know what. So when James & I found out we were having a boy, we spent a lot of time trying to determine what kinds of projects we could do that were boy-appropriate but also within our realm of um...talents...HA :)

This was by no means our largest task, but it was still something neither of us had attempted before and it feels more important when it's for your first-born child :)

We purchased the wooden letter cutouts at Hobby Lobby, and decided to paint them according to some of the animal prints in his bedding: tiger, turtle, giraffe.

We bought a small giraffe stencil there as well, and a zebra one that I finagled into tiger stripes. For the turtle, I trimmed the edges of a round sponge into a 6-sided semi-hexagon shape and I am pretty pleased with the results!

So below are the pictures of the final product; you're not getting the "good" pictures just yet though--I'm saving those for my Big Nursery Reveal post in a week or two :)

*Colston*

*James*

*Mullinnix*

Hope you enjoy, I really love the way they look and can't wait to hang them up!




Craft Couture




UndertheTableandDreaming




8 comments:

  1. OMG....Leighann they are awesome. I cant wait to see the entire nursery because I know you and James will do an amazing job. Love the letters! P.S I kinda partial to the M & J. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These letters are lovely, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! What perfect timing for my linky party, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite letter is "M"...for some reason, I think anything giraffe is cute for a baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, these are absolutely adorable. Congrats on the baby! i know that one day I will go crazy with crafts making a nursery perfect :) this is such a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Not Just a Housewife! I'm your newest follower :) Such a cute idea for nursery letters! Love it! You can check out the ones I did at http://crossmyheartartdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/03/hanging-around-nursery-letters-tutorial.html.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very cute! thanks so much for linking up to Craft Couture Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!