Thursday, November 3, 2011

calling my creative, crafty peeps!


Hey, y'all!

I have something to ask of you today. My cousin, Candice, is organizing "Walk to Remember". It will be a local, annual event to remember babies lost through miscarriage, infant death, etc. There are many national events already in place, and you can find details about them at october15th.com.

There currently is not an event in our area (Greenville, SC), and having experienced this loss more than once, Candice is seeking to fill a need in our area. She has started a Facebook page for the walk, and is now looking for generous individuals willing to donate items for a raffle.


All of the money collected is going directly to help organize the walk, and the goal is for the first walk to take place in October 2012 (October 15th is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day).

Would you be willing to donate an item? Items? :) Every little bit helps!

If you are interested, please contact me by using the email (to the right of this post, click the 'about me' for my email) or leave a comment below and I will get you Candice's information!

1 comment:

  1. This topic is so close to my heart! We lost our own son and I make a remembrance necklace in my Etsy shop so I talk to so many women who have lost babies. It's such a silent grief in our culture. I think it is so good and so healthy for women to be able to publicly acknowledge how tragic the loss of a baby is. And so healing to have other people show that they understand how precious your baby was. Grief is such an isolating emotion.

    I'd love to donate something.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!