Tuesday, November 1, 2011

skyline painting at sips'n'strokes

Hey, y'all!

Remember this post I did about my first trip to Sips'n'Strokes?

My s-i-l was home from TX a couple weeks ago and we went back.

This time, the painting was a city skyline.

Here is the canvas from the start, when we painted the sky and started outlining the buildings.


After we outlined all of the buildings with white, we began to fill them in with each color.

At this point, you have a little creative license to shade (or not) as you wish. Same colors as the original, or your choice.

Here we are with our finished paintings! I love how different each painting turns out, based on the individual's perspective and tastes.

Here's another photo of mine here at home. These were taken on my phone, so they aren't the best, but you get the idea! Some people added windows to their buildings; I simply did not have the patience for that!


Now I'm tempted to go back...even though by the time each class was finished I was soooo tired of it...it can get a little tedious at times. But there are some super cute Christmas paintings on the calendar like this pretty tree or this one with Rudolph. Perhaps I could recreate them myself???







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!