Wow, it has been a bit since I posted last. Turns out this moving thing is hard work. We were supposed to be moving this weekend, but have had to postpone by a week. I have some furniture to paint before we move, and the concrete floor needs to be stained still as well. I have to get on it!
In the meantime, dear Lesley at Fabulously Flawed tagged me in a post. Bless her heart, I just am getting around to completing it. Oops. And y'all forgive me if I bend the rules a little, ok? (like using Lesley's questions)
So off to the questions!
1. How did you decide to start blogging? My real-life BFF had 2 blogs. One was more a journal, one was a cooking blog. I decided since I didn't really have any real-life crafting/creative friends, a blog might be a good way to find some. Or at least, give myself an outlet to talk about it.
2. What would be your dream job? Five years ago I would have said "to own my own shop, selling handmade things"--and I do still want that. But I think I have my 'dream job' now, being a stay-at-home wife and mom.
3. What is your favorite movie or book? I'm not a big movie kinda girl. But I do love to read! Some of my all-time favorites are To Kill a Mockingbird, Brave New World, and A Wrinkle in Time.
4. Favorite food? I'm a picky picky eater...but I adore potato skins with a load of ranch dressing. Yes, I am aware that really is NOT a food.
5. If you had an entire afternoon free, who would you want to spend it with and doing what? Hanging out with the hubs and Baby C. Preferably on a beach somewhere.
6. What is the most significant goal you have achieved to date? Giving birth to Baby C!
7. What is your dream vacation? Well, not this crap. But after spending 2 weeks in Hawaii, I'd say going back there would be a dream vacation for sure.
8. When you go to weddings, do you dance or sit like a bump? I am really horribly anti-social (by choice, most of the time) and rarely find myself at weddings. And if I do, I don't dance. Then again, most of my friends don't now that I think on it.
9. If you were going to volunteer for an organization, what would it be? Well, for years I've been a member of Soldiers' Angels. Supporting our troops has been very rewarding. But I would love to work with animals. I have...a few. *wink
10. Favorite celebrity or sports star? Hrmmmm. I follow lots of famous peeps on Twitter. Does The Bloggess count as a celebrity? How about Ochocinco (he's certifiably nuts)? Or Paget Brewster? CJ Spiller? I don't know.
11. What is your best go-to recipe when you have company coming? BAHAHAHAHA...Sorry. Yeah, we don't have "company" over. We're hermits like that. We always just meet up for dinner at a restaurant.
Whew! Okay. I must get back to packing! Thanks Lesley for tagging me--I heart you! And I am too tired and lazy to tag people, but if any of you do this please let me know in the comments...I'll come read!