Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Colston's 'Oh The Places You'll Go' 1st Birthday--The DIY Part

Hey y'all!

Today I'm going to share some pictures from Colston's first birthday. I started sketching and pinning ideas for his party as early as January--his birthday is in April. I was so super excited! I kept trying to come up with some fun, clever theme and it hit me--I LOVE Seuss! The vibrant colors, the funky creatures and awesome trees. And, being his first birthday, "Oh The Places You'll Go" seemed so fitting.

So the photos I'm sharing will include a link to the (p)inspiration (get it? hehe). I fully admit that these ideas were ALL inspired by things I found on Pinterest. I've linked back to the pins I drew my ideas from; some include tutorials, others were just photos. Enjoy!

High Chair Tray Ribbon
in progress...


....and in action!
{photo below courtesy of Yuli Smith}


#1 Photo Prop/Table Decor
in progress...


...and in action!
{photo below courtesy of Yuli Smith}


Balloon Topiary/Tree
in progress...


...and in action!
{photo below courtesy of Yuli Smith}


Cake Pop Tree!
{no pin for this, my dad created it!}
in progress...


...and in action!
{photo below courtesy of Yuli Smith}


Colston's party outfit!
{no pin here, either!}
Pants custom made by the fabulous


I purchased the iron-on letters at Hobby Lobby, and the bowtie was made from some scrap felt I had.
Shoes are baby TOMS. 


Balloon Topiary Seuss-ical Trees
{inspiration here, here, and here}
in progress...
(my dad welded the trunks all funky, and attached them to a square metal base; ribbon was woven through inexpensive baskets; clear marbles from the floral department were used to weigh them down)


...and in action!
{photos courtesy of Yuli Smith}



Corn Hole Boards!
{my father-in-law makes & sells regulation sized boards; I had him create a smaller set for the party, and used images from the book to illustrate them}
in progress...


...and *almost* ready for action! 


Come back later this week for a full post on the party!

Linking Up With:
Stephanie Lynn Under the Table and Dreaming
Tatertots & Jello
Weekend Warrior with Ask Anna
Homemaker on a Dime
Creations by Kara

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the balloon tree centerpieces!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool party! I love all the colorful details - my favorite are the balloon topiary - so fun and original!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a little dance, y'all!